- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Information on this page
|Table of Contents|
Campus Education Activities
EMU provides the following educational activities for the campus community:
- SafeColleges - in accordance with federal regulations, all new and current students, faculty, and staff are required to complete this mandatory online awareness and education program at the beginning of each academic year.
- NCAA It’s On Us campaign - all student athletes receive annual training in topics related to sexual violence awareness and prevention
- In-person training in Title IX regulations and university policies for all new faculty, staff, and students
- Annual training for those involved in Title IX processes. All officials who conduct disciplinary proceedings related to complaints of sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking receive annual training on issues related to dating violence, domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking, as well as how to conduct an investigation and a hearing process that protects the safety of victims and promotes accountability.
Campus Prevention Activities
EMU provides the following prevention activities for the campus community:
- Green Dot bystander trainings - bystander trainings are available to all students, faculty, and staff. Bystander overviews are provided to each incoming class as part of orientation
Additional annual awareness and prevention activities (such as Take Back the Night) are planned by EMU’s student prevention organization and the Coordinated Community Response Team.