Sign in with your email address and password. You will be prompted with the popup "More information required". Click Next to proceed
Choose which method you would like to set up, either a verification code from the mobile app or a verification notification.
Download the Authenticator app and follow the instructions in the popup titled "Configure mobile app"
Install the Microsoft Authenticator app on your phone, then click "Next" to start setting up the authenticator app
The app may request some permissions on your phone. Approve all requests, and then follow the guided instructions to set up the app
Approve the notification on your device. You may have to enter your phone PIN or use your fingerprint reader to approve the notification.
Once you see the "Success!" message, you can close out of the tab or window. You have successfully set up MFA!
2. Use MFA to sign into EMU services
When signing into a service that requires MFA, enter your email address and password. You will be prompted to use either of the following steps, depending on which you set up in step 1.
- Notification - Approve the login when prompted on your smartphone.
- Mobile App Verification Code - Open your Authenticator app and enter the verification code displayed.
If your phone does not have WiFi or Mobile Data when you are attempting to sign in, you may not receive a notification to approve your sign-in. If this happens, follow the steps below
- Choose the option "I can't use my Microsoft Authenticator app right now"
- Choose the option "Use a verification code from my mobile app"
- Open the Microsoft Authenticator app on your phone, click on your EMU account. You will see a 6 digit code. Enter this code where prompted on the device you are attempting to sign in to.