Petty Cash

Expenditures under $50 that are chargeable to EMU may be submitted to the Business Office cashier or the administrative assistant in your department (if there is a petty cash fund) for reimbursement. The form (sample below) should indicate the amount, description, account number and date. Receipts should be attached. The signature on the form acknowledges that reimbursement has been received. Those offices with petty cash funds should contact the accountant for further procedures.