Identification Cards

An ID card is issued to each undergraduate and graduate student during registration. This card is used for entry to many buildings and entitles students to free or discounted admission to all events sponsored by their student activity fee, including athletic events, films, performing arts series, concerts, and theater performances. The card is required for admission to the Dining Hall for those on meal plans, for all transactions at the Business Office, for checking out books in Hartzler Library, and for purchases at the University Bookstore. If an ID card is broken, the broken card can be taken to the Helpdesk and the card will be replaced for free. Lost ID cards can be replaced for $15. 

Your EMU ID photo will be used for your EMU ID card and may also be used in the EMU web directory accessible only by current authenticated students and employees. You may request that it not be used for the EMU web directory by completing the Personal Information Update Form on myEMU (

ID cards may be received and replaced in the lower level of the Hartzler Library at the Helpdesk.